Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012

A lot has happened since our last post. On Aiden's birthday, we had a family birthday party for him at my parents' house in Price. It was a lot of fun. Everybody had a great time. We had sloppy joes and cake and ice cream. Interestingly, as soon as he turned one, we started seeing significant improvements in his progress. He started to respond to us and his environment more, and he seemed much healthier. He seemed like a totally different kid. Just as he was making these improvements, he got ear infections in both ears and was set back a bit. Now that his ear infections have cleared up, he has been showing more and more improvements every day. He has been sitting up on his own for a week now, and he is making other progress as well. It just makes me so excited to see him developing day by day. Since I am out of town during the week, I see huge progress when I come home on the weekends.

Skylar lost his first tooth on March 9th. It had been loose for a while and when we saw that the tooth underneath it was growing in at about a 45 degree angle, we knew we had to get it out. We encouraged him to keep wiggling it and finally, Amaraa grabbed it and pulled it out. Skylar was so excited that he could put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy. He even wrote her a note to go with it so she wouldn't miss it. He was thrilled the next morning when he found a dollar bill under his pillow. That night, he was brushing his teeth before going to bed and a second loose tooth fell out. Two teeth lost in two days! At this rate, the tooth fairy will go broke before Sky loses his last tooth.

Jasmine is showing signs of outgrowing the terrible twos. She is still terrible, don't get me wrong, but she is also manifesting more of a sweet side. She randomly comes up and gives us hugs and wants to cuddle more. She also says "I love you" and other similar things more often. She still doesn't listen to us and enjoys causing trouble, but these latest developments are giving us hope. In her defense, she's not three quite yet. It's just a good thing she's cute...

Last Sunday, we decided to sing Mongolian karaoke as a family -- something we like to do quite often. Amaraa was more camera happy than usual, but I didn't think much of it since she records me singing a lot during our karaoke sessions. Later on that night, I was checking Facebook and saw that she had uploaded the video of me singing to YouTube and had shared it on her Facebook wall. Normally I would have taken it down, but by the time I found out, a lot of people had already posted some nice comments about it. As I watched the comments come in, I started getting excited about it too. Several of Amaraa's Facebook friends shared it on their walls, and the number of views were increasing pretty rapidly. I got almost as excited about it as Amaraa was. By Tuesday night, the video had 307 views. I couldn't believe that many people had watched it. On Wednesday morning, I checked it again and it had 1,047 views. It had tripled overnight!  I thought it was a typo. The number of views doubled on Wednesday to 2,152. It was crazy! Tonight, just as 5:00 PM rolled around, making it a week since we posted it, we rolled over 4,000 views. I can't believe it. And all the comments so far have been positive. Anyway, if you haven't watched it yet, here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment