Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011 - 25 Days Old

I ran to the hospital after my morning class this morning and they had Aiden lying slightly on his side to try to get the collapsed portion of his lung to open up. With all of the tubes in him, plus all of the rolled up towels they had propping him up on his side, he looked so uncomfortable. He was sedated and probably had no idea what was going on, but I still felt bad for him. He was waking up a little bit, though, and he opened his eyes several times. It also looked like he smiled three or four times. Yes, I realize that they aren't real smiles, but I'll take what I can get. They were cute, whatever they were.

Tonight, I went to the hospital after my last class. They had Aiden lying flat on his back again. His nurse said that his belly looked better and wasn't quite as distended. She also said that the collapsed part of his lung had popped open again. I was really excited to hear that. The jet ventilator must be doing the trick. She said they will have to keep an eye on it for a while because when it collapses like that, it can happen again. He still has a lot of infiltrates in his lungs, so they will probably keep him on one ventilator or another for several more days. They ran a 48-hour test on a lung culture from him, though, it came back negative for any viral or bacterial infection. He's making progress. Hopefully today was a turning point and he will just continue to get better from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment