Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5, 2012 - 337 Days Old

Here we are again. We got Aiden home from the hospital on Tuesday. It turns out he had two different viruses -- viral pneumonia and another virus that made it hard for him to breathe and caused wheezing. Poor little guy...he's been through so much. At first, they thought he had bronchiolitis. We knew he didn't have RSV (one type of bronchiolitis), but they said there are several different viruses in the same family that he could have. After running all of their tests, they found that he had pneumonia and this other virus instead. While he was in the hospital, he was able to get Synagis, the RSV antibody shot. It doesn't prevent RSV, but it makes it so that if he does get it, it won't be as severe. We had tried to get it for him before, but our insurance wouldn't pay for it. It costs about $2000 per series, but if you consider what the cost would be if someone as fragile as Aiden got RSV, it's definitely the cheaper option. Anyway, because of this last hospitalization, the doctors were able to make the case and get it approved. Aiden will need one shot per month for the duration of RSV season, and he'll need it again next year. But if there was anything good about Aiden being sick, that's it.

I'm still looking for a job. I'm waiting to hear back from a job I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago. The interview went well, but they haven't hired yet, so I'm still waiting to hear. I'm applying for other positions as well, but the job I'm waiting on would be ideal. In the meantime, I'm working for my dad's construction company in Price to make ends meet. It would be nice to find something closer so I didn't have to be away from my family so much. I'm grateful to have the job, though. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had that option available to me.

Skylar and Jasmine are doing well. They're both getting over bad colds.Skylar still loves school and is doing well. Jazzy is such a cute little girl. She constantly cracks us up with the things she says. She calls me "Eugene" and herself "Rapunzel" (from the movie Tangled). And this morning she started calling me "honey". I don't really know where she picked that up since neither Amaraa or I say that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got the RSV shot! It's an amazing, expensive, but amazing medication. I hope he gets feeling better soon! Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete