Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Big Meeting - 70 Days Old

What a day! I called Aiden's nurse this morning and asked how he was doing. She said that he did well last night without the ventilator. He is still on the nasal cannula and doing very well. I worked for half of the day and then headed back home. I picked Amaraa and the kids up and we went to the hospital for the big meeting. Skylar was so excited. The first thing he said to me when I walked through the door was, "Can we go see Aiden now?"

First Family Photo
We went in to see Aiden and he was still doing really well. Skylar kept saying, "He's so cute" and rubbing his head. I don't think Jasmine really understood what was going on except that we were visiting a baby. She touched him very gently and rubbed his head. Aiden was so excited to see them. He opened his eyes wide and kept looking back and forth from Skylar to Jasmine to Amaraa and I. I said, "Aiden, this is your big brother Skylar and your sister Jasmine." He got a big grin on his face and just kept smiling after that. Amaraa held Aiden and we all took a family picture. I think it turned out really great. Jazzy got a little wild and I had to take her to the lounge a few times, but Skylar stayed right by his mom and little bro. He has been waiting for this for a long time, and now that it's finally here, he wanted to soak it up.

Hopefully, he will just continue getting better and better. We feel like he's finally back on the right track. He has been on the ventilator for about a month and a half, so this is a big deal. Thank you for all of your comments, thoughts, and prayers.

6 comments:

  1. great news!!!!! and so fun to see you together as a family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news Ben and Amaraa! Your kids are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw Skylar last week he told me he was going to meet Aiden for the first time. He was so excited. So happy you all got together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet this is! You guys are amazing! I admire your strength!
    Aiden is surrounded by so much love, he is a cute little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute family pic! I am so glad the little guy is getting better everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute family! So glad Jazzy and Sky were able to finally meet their little brother. You guys are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete